Wednesday, November 2, 2011

U.S.A.: Harry Potter

OMG, I don't deserve this!
My lovely postcard pal Erin from Ohio sends me one treasure after another!
This is a card from The Wisarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. Frankly, I had no idea that a Harry Potter themed park exists. It is beautiful and so authentic that Erin writes that when you're sitting in Three Broomsticks and drinking Butter Beer, you get the feeling that you're in the book. I have a new dream now! Guess what it is? :)
Moreover, the stamps are just stunning. You know what nursing means to me. Everything! The stamp with a nurse giving bottle to the baby is from 1981 and I never deared to dream to have it!
Elizabeth Blackwell was the 1st female physician, used to train nurses and founded Medical College for Women. Also, she used to work with Florence Nightingale! The stamp was issued in 1974. It is older than me!
I'm so happy! Thank you, Erin, so much!

3 comments:

  1. Я с тобой на новую мечту! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ок :)
    а там оооочереди будут :) или мы поедем в феврале? ;)

    ReplyDelete